27.8.05

光影筆記本49/DiG!



Thanks to Tim's recommendation. Otherwise I would have missed this film because I always think weekend film tickets are ripoffs.

DIG!--a perfect movie for me tonight. (don't you think?)
Well, ok, I have to admit, even tho I knew some of these bands' songs before I saw the documentary today, I wasn't the biggest fan of them. (The Dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre)

It's a well-made documentary tho; if you are interested in the behind-the-scenes of some bands (I am, very), you will not be bored at all. I felt I was at all those gigs screaming and jumping up and down with the vibes they created.

But this Anton from BJM really made me sad. It's always distressful to see a genius destroying his/her life. Why can't he just be left alone. (Well, can't blame it on the society totally really...) Complicated. Somehow I can relate this to a film I saw earlier this year called 'Big Fish', hmm, Anton is like a fish too big to survive in a tiny stream.

No comments: