27.11.05

ágætis byrjun

Scribbling down quickly some stuff on the days when I'm busy, for those who have peeping obsessions...

1.
Ok, it actually feels nice to work hard, honestly--with a clear focus, it stops me from going shattered (especially these days I sometimes go fidgeting...and those haunting nightmares...)
Literature review is my favourite part! I like my designs and a conceptual plan, however messy it still appears!

Well, when I do the interviews I feel that's excellent too...

2.
'Forget Her' by Jeff Buckley--> dedicating the song to a friend who's unhappy at the moment...
(ps. Somehow I thought he was singing 'My heart is true as steel' but he's really singing 'My heart is frozen still...')

Helena: 'You draw me, you hard-hearted adamant./But yet you draw not iron, for my heart/Is true as steel. Leave you your power to draw,/And I shall have no power to follow you.' (A Midsummer Night's Dream)

3.
ágætis byrjun
---
you read me
i hear you
---

4.
been reading for leisure a book by an Indian writer Narayan. In this book, at the moment the main character is a bit nasty to his wife... he was living in a hostel until recently his wife and daughter moved to the same city to live together in a proper house with him, and the man's totally not used to the idea of mental intimacy and company from family. It's written from the p.o.v. of the man, so it's rather amusing to read about a man's true selfish thoughts, in a way...

5.
This has become too long. I didn't mean to write so much...ooops...more to come...

6.
'I don't know how I bent what you said to what I believe you meant.' (Frente!'s 'Labour of Love')
I heard a most ridiculous affair this morning. I suppose some people really have no ability to tell good from bad, true from false, good-looking from disgusting. Everything is so clear from an outsider's p.o.v. They'll learn their lessons one day, I guess.

7.
Really missed my two American flatmates at Wentworth (Carmen) and in Leeds (Angela). Really missed their Thanksgiving parties last year and back in 1999.

No comments: