23.10.05

Lindisfarne

WHY ISN'T LINDISFARNE IN MY ENGLAND MAP ON THE WALL?
Lindisfarne is picturesque, (but my camera forgot to come with us) even tho when we went today it was gloomy and windy. Everyone with their waterproof outfit, and me with my little yellow umbrella... where is it now. (I thought it stayed in Lindisfarne but I left it in the car! Mark got it back to me...cheers)

The thick-walled castle is right by the sea, as if it feels attached to the sea therefore wanting to be next to it at all times. Somehow it made me for a moment feel like living in a castle for a bit--nicely-lit rooms all in different sizes and shapes, loads of winding stairs leading to secret places and doors. Open a window you hear the sea singing its song.

Walking on the beach with the others (thanks guys! especially Mark!) I felt delighted to come to the seaside--the salty wind, the clammy smell, the quiet waves~~~plenty of chuckles and a few good thoughts.

No comments: