17.9.05

新的音樂好聽的話能令人狂喜


Jens told me a band called Death Cab for Cutie is kind of big in NYC so I tried to listen to some songs by them online, then my music jukebox found me similar bands: Cursive, Motion City Soundtrack, Modest Mouse, etc. I can't say I am now a big fan of DCfC but Cursive is cool! (a song called 'Art is Hard' has lyrics that make me smile) Motion City Soundtrack's 'The future freaks me out' is also well-written.

Now my jukebox is playing Bell&Sebastian. Hmm, no matter how many times and how many songs I hear, I still can't seem to be crazy about them like Jens, Dem and And do... just really not my type of music--too soft, I suppose.. Like I like some of Elliot Smith's or Bright Eyes' stuff, but I'm never gonna be a big fan...

Back to work now. With my head full of nice tunes.

4 comments:

jennywren said...

I should listen to DCfC as well... I'm listening to the Bloc Party album that Andy lent me. I esp. like the songs This Modern Love and Blue Light. I don't know why I like B&S so much... I think they are just down-to-earth, ordinary people and write songs about simple things. The lyrics though, they are the best! Wanyu, I think you like the lyrics though - right?

impermissible wanyü said...

I like 'blue light' too!!

B&S's lyrics, hmm, yes, they're good I'm sure, I believe you guys.

Oh, and I hope you like the CD I lent you yesterday too.

Anonymous said...

Hey fish
DCfC is my recent favorite too. And, I got to listen to them LIVE. They came to ACL Music Fest last weekend. But it was to darn hot (more than 100F, can you believe it?). Seal and I couldn't bear the heat and we listened to DCfC's gig in a shaded area a bit far...
However, I think I still got sunstroke...:<
BTW, Thanks for the Blac Party CD. They were here at ACL too!

cheers for rock!
sun

impermissible wanyü said...

Sunny,
Wow, you saw all those bands...
Hmm, I'll check out Oasis' new CD... tho nowadays I'm more into newer stuff rather than the oldies or music that's nostalgic...