5.8.06

光影筆記本64/Elementarteilchen

In England this film's name is 'Atomised'. After watching it I still don't get why it's called that, and the German title isn't helping at all. I just realised also that I did not get the title of the last film I watched... I've become too thick to understand things I suppose...

Well, this is a film based on a novel, then, as most adaptations, this film also seems to rush fitting in most of the plots within a film the length of 2 hours.

What impressed me the most is there is some pretty good acting from most of the characters. Besides, I was kept interested, and the story in fact goes smoothly with an unpredicted ending, so I like that!

I was expecting some really disturbing scenes (not that I like them) but, hey hey, I did not get scared or shocked. I suppose the aimlessness that's depicted in the film could be pretty off-putting for some, and I kept thinking 'modern life is rubbish' while seeing the film, but I don't regret watching it, although perhaps can't say I recommend it either...

No comments: